The ability to eat, smile, and speak with confidence can be significantly affected when our teeth aren’t functioning properly. If you’re struggling with missing or damaged teeth or uncomfortable dentures, you know the impact it can have on your daily life. Fortunately, dental implants have revolutionised treatment for those with missing teeth in Launceston, providing a long-term solution that looks, feels and functions just like the real thing. Full arch implants offer an effective solution for permanently replacing an entire upper or lower arch of teeth, meaning you can restore your smile and your quality of life.
Understanding Full Arch Implants
Implants are a dental restoration option that, instead of sitting on your gums or relying on adhesive, are surgically attached and securely anchored to your jawbone. The implants act as artificial tooth roots, providing a stable foundation for replacement teeth that look and feel like your natural teeth. What’s more, dental implants stimulate the jawbone, preventing bone loss and preserving your facial structure and your smile.
While traditional dental implants require multiple implants to support a full arch of replacement teeth, full arch implants are an innovative technique that uses only four to six strategically-placed implants. These implants serve as anchors for a full set of prosthetic teeth, providing stability, functionality, and an aesthetically pleasing smile.
The Full Arch Dental Implant Treatment Process
The full arch dental implant procedure typically involves the following key steps
- Comprehensive Assessment – the first stage of the process is a thorough examination and assessment by an experienced implant dentist. The assessment includes evaluating your dental and medical history, taking X-rays, and discussing your desired outcome. This information helps the dentist create a detailed treatment plan tailored to your specific needs.
- Implant Placement – on the day of the procedure, you’ll meet with an anaesthetist who will ensure your comfort throughout the process. The dentist will then place the dental implants strategically in your jawbone, avoiding areas of reduced bone density and ensuring optimal stability.
- Immediate Teeth Placement – one of the significant advantages of full arch implants is the ability to attach the replacement teeth shortly after implant placement. Unlike traditional implants that require a healing period before attaching the prosthetic teeth, full arch implants offer immediate functionality. This means you can walk out of the dental practice with a new set of teeth and a new smile from day one.
The Benefits of Full Arch Implants
Full arch implants offer numerous benefits compared to more conventional dental implants, including the following key advantages:
- Simplicity – the full arch dental implant technique avoids the need for additional procedures like bone grafting, making it a simpler and less invasive process. What’s more, it reduces the overall treatment time and enhances the healing and recovery period.
- Efficiency – the strategic placement of the implants ensures high torque values, allowing for immediate placement of the replacement teeth. This eliminates the waiting period associated with traditional implants and provides faster results.
- Accessibility – full arch implants are suitable for a wide range of patients, including those with reduced bone density in the back of the mouth. The angled placement of the implants maximises available bone and makes the procedure more accessible for individuals who may not qualify for traditional implants.
- Customisation – with fewer implants supporting the prosthetic teeth, there is greater flexibility in designing and fitting replacement teeth that match natural teeth in appearance and feel.
Ultimately, with full arch dental implants, you’ll regain the ability to bite, chew and speak with ease, giving you a renewed sense of confidence. Moreover, as well as working perfectly, your teeth will look just like new.
Are Full Arch Dental Implants Right for You?
Full arch implants offer a transformative solution for people in Tasmania seeking to replace a full arch of teeth. To determine whether full arch dental implants are the right treatment option for you, you’ll need to consult with an experienced implant dentist. Your implant dentist in Launceston will evaluate your oral and general health and put together a personalised treatment plan so you can make an informed decision about the treatment option. If you decide to go ahead, with proper care and maintenance, full arch implants can restore oral function, boost your confidence, and improve your quality of life. Now that is really something to smile about.