All on 4 – A Long-Lasting Solution for a Healthier, Happier Smile
If you’ve been suffering from damaged or missing teeth or are unsatisfied with your dentures, you may be wondering what the best treatment option is for you. The All on 4 implant procedure offers an innovative approach to restoring your smile. Using only four dental implants, this advanced technique provides comprehensive support for an entire arch of teeth. As a fast, minimally invasive and highly successful procedure, All on 4 implants have become an increasingly popular treatment option in Launceston.
At Innova Dental, we take pride in our expertise in All on 4 Implants and are committed to ensuring that every patient is fully informed before treatment begins. That’s why we’ve developed this comprehensive guide, helping you navigate the world of dental implants. The information in this guide should empower you to make the right choice for your individual needs and preferences. Meanwhile, you can rest assured that our experienced team is ready to deliver outstanding results, restoring your smile and your confidence.
What Are All on 4 Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a treatment option that goes beyond traditional methods such as dentures or adhesive-based restorations. Instead, the treatment involves a surgical procedure where the implants are securely attached to your jawbone. As the jawbone fuses to the implant, it acts as an artificial tooth root, creating a solid foundation for replacement teeth that closely resemble the appearance and functionality of your natural teeth. Not only do dental implants restore your smile, but they also provide essential stimulation to your jawbone, preventing bone loss and preserving both your facial structure and overall oral health.
While traditional dental implants typically require multiple implants to support an All on 4 of replacement teeth, there is now an innovative technique known as All on 4 implants. This approach uses only four to six strategically-placed implants. These carefully positioned implants serve as reliable anchors for a complete set of prosthetic teeth, offering stability and functionality. What’s more, you end up with a natural-looking smile that looks just like new.
The History of All on 4 Implants
The history of All on 4 implants, also known as full mouth implants, can be traced back to the discovery of osseointegration, the bonding of titanium with living bone tissue. Since then, dental plants have increased in popularity and experts in the field have dedicated a huge amount of research to the technique.
In the 1990s, Dr Paulo Malo, a Portuguese dentist, introduced the concept of the All-on-4 dental implant technique. This technique involved placing four dental implants strategically in the jawbone to support a All on 4 of prosthetic teeth. The All-on-4 concept quickly gained recognition and popularity within the dental community thanks to its effectiveness in providing immediate functional and aesthetic results, combined with reduced treatment time and improved patient satisfaction.
Over the years, advancements in dental implant materials, technology, and surgical techniques have further improved the success and predictability of full-mouth implants. Improved imaging technologies enable precise treatment planning and implant placement and CAD/CAM technology allows for the fabrication of custom-made prosthetic teeth with exceptional accuracy and aesthetics. Today, All on 4 dental implants have become a well-established and highly sought-after treatment for patients with extensive tooth loss or those who wish to replace their traditional dentures.
What Are the Benefits of All on 4 Dental Implants?
All on 4 implants offer several advantages for people needing to replace a All on 4 of teeth in comparison to conventional dental implants. Some of the key benefits include the following:
- Simplified Procedure – the All on 4 dental implant technique eliminates the need for additional procedures such as bone grafting, streamlining the implant process. Avoiding supplementary steps and invasive procedures shortens the overall treatment time and improves healing and recovery.
- Enhanced Efficiency – the strategic placement of All on 4 implants ensures high torque values, enabling the immediate attachment of replacement teeth. Unlike traditional implants that require a waiting period for the bone to fuse with the implant, All on 4 implants restore your smile in no time.
- Increased Accessibility – All on 4 implants cater to a broader range of patients, including those with reduced bone density in the back of the mouth. By cleverly angling the implants, the available bone is maximised, making the procedure accessible to individuals who may not qualify for traditional implants.
Who is Not Suitable for Dental Implants?
All on 4 implant treatment is potentially a suitable treatment for anyone struggling with failing, damaged, or missing teeth. In fact, the procedure is suitable for more patients than conventional implants as it avoids areas of reduced bone density. However, while All on 4 implants offer a viable solution for missing or damaged teeth, there are certain medical conditions and lifestyle choices that need to be taken into account:
- High Blood Pressure – pre-existing high blood pressure can raise concerns about surgery. However, adjustments in medication and the use of sleep dentistry, which uses IV sedation instead of adrenaline-based anaesthesia, can help mitigate risks.
- Periodontal Disease – contrary to popular belief, periodontal disease, otherwise known as gum disease, doesn’t necessarily prevent dental implants. In fact, the All on 4 implant procedure can often address and resolve the issue.
- Lack of Jaw Bone – the All on 4 implant technique is suitable for individuals with a lack of bone density, as angled implants require less bone support. This reduces the need for invasive bone grafting procedures.
- Smoking – smoking increases the risk of dental implant failure by limiting blood flow, oxygen, and nourishment to the implant area. While quitting smoking permanently is ideal, temporarily stopping smoking during and after the procedure significantly improves the chances of successful treatment.
- Uncontrolled Diabetes – diabetes used to pose a high risk of implant failure due to compromising the healing process. However, advancements in diabetes treatment have lowered the risks associated with the condition. With well-maintained blood sugar levels, the body can fight infection and heal effectively, increasing the success rate of dental implant treatments.
While precautions and certain conditions must be met, advancements in medical treatments have expanded eligibility for individuals with these conditions, allowing them to undergo dental implant procedures with greater confidence.
How to Choose an All on 4 Implant Dentist
Choosing the right dentist is crucial for the success of your implant treatment, ensuring proper placement and a beautiful smile. When selecting a dentist for All on 4 implant treatment, you should consider three key factors:
- Type of Dentist – look for a dentist skilled in both surgical and cosmetic dentistry to ensure comprehensive care. This ensures accurate implant positioning and an aesthetically pleasing outcome.
- Dentist Training – opt for a dentist who has undergone intensive postgraduate courses specifically focused on dental implants. This specialised training enhances their expertise in treatment planning, resulting in higher-quality dentistry.
- Materials – confirm that the materials used for your implants and replacement teeth meet Australian safety and quality regulations. Beware of low-cost providers and overseas laboratories that may use inferior materials that could lead to complications.
By prioritising these three factors, you’ll be able to find an All on 4 implant dentist who’ll provide exceptional care and deliver outstanding results.
How Much Do All on 4 Implants Cost?
When researching All on 4 implant dentistry and comparing dentists, you’ll notice a significant disparity in treatment costs. Unfortunately, the wide scope of treatment makes it challenging to compare prices directly. However, what you can compare is the service and quality of treatment that providers are offering. While licensed dentists may appear to have the necessary qualifications, it’s crucial to consider the long-term results and durability of your implants. The level of education of the dentist, their experience and the materials used will impact the success of your treatment and the overall cost.
When it comes to All on 4 implants, you really do get what you pay for. While it’s important not to overpay, investing in a highly qualified and experienced dentist who uses top-quality materials is extremely beneficial. By doing so, you can avoid expensive and potentially painful problems in the future and have confidence in your smile.
Book Your Dental implant Consultation at Innova Dental
Experience a comprehensive dental implant consultation at Innova Dental and transform your oral health and well-being. Our consultations offer:
- A thorough assessment of your oral and general health.
- A detailed and personalised treatment plan tailored to your needs.
During your consultation, we encourage you to share your goals and address any concerns you may have. Our dedicated team will ensure you leave with all the information necessary to bring back your smile. Schedule your free dental implant consultation today and take the first step towards a brighter future.
Call our team now on (03) 6388 1558 to book your consultation.